Saturday, November 6, 2010

Week 9 - Reading Notes

Uche Ogbuji. A survey of XML standards: Part 1. January 2004.
Martin Bryan.  Introducing the Extensible Markup Language (XML)


Although XML name space creates a slight complication to XML schema it is very important because it promotes interoperability between different standards (such as Dublin Core, MODS, VRA). The name space lets content creators understand the definitions of elements and attributes from different sets.

Extending your Markup: a XML tutorial by Andre Bergholz

I thought this article was a little confusing because it did not have many examples; but reinforcement is important  so the more I read the better my understanding will be.

XML Schema Tutorial

The W3 school tutorial does a better job of explaining XML. I appreciate the layout, examples, and practice. 

1 comment:

  1. I agree - this week's readings were difficult to read & confusing, especially because most of us aren't programmers already. It made me wish that we were assigned the Wikipedia entries again. The W3 site helped a lot with conveying the basics.

    ReplyDelete