Friday, September 17, 2010

Week 3 – Reading Notes

Machtelt Garrels. “Introduction to Linux: A Hands on Guide”

Learning about the history and function of Linux is interesting because I have heard of the software but was unaware of its purpose. I highly doubt that I will utilize Linux in the near future become “desktop user” friendly software is much more manageable. Given the software’s history (made by techies for techies) I’m not surprised.

What is Mac OS X? and Wikipedia article: Mac OS X

There is factual information in this work but I took it with a grain of salt because there was some clear basis. The Wikipedia article gave a more balanced view about Mac OS X. Like all written material it is good to remember there are two sides to every story.

Paul Thurott “An Update on the Windows Roadmap”

I actually like Windows Vista but the overwhelming majority of consumers didn’t so Microsoft developed Windows 7. I probably won’t upgrade for a while but I do like the Windows 7 marketing commercials.

Here is an article from CNN that talks about Window’s Vista aggravations.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/10/22/windows.seven/index.html?iref=allsearch

No comments:

Post a Comment